Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Work Mixup





blazer (J.Crew ON SALE), blouse (J.Crew ON SALE), skirt (J.Crew old, SIMILAR), shoes (J.Crew oldies), bag (Michael Kors), watch (Michael Kors), ring (Anna Beck), bracelets (J.Crew ), shades (Ray Ban )
Totally unintentional to be head to toe J.Crew, but truth be told, it does occupy a good bit of real estate in my closet. This outfit (coupled with a geek out evening of watching Suze Orman--I know but she sucks you in) got me inspired to try a little something that many of us have tried (myself excluded).  With the exception of this Blazer, which I got on major sale, the majority of this look came from things already existing in my closet.  Ole' Suze said it takes 21 days to break a habit and well, I've had a pretty naughty habit here lately of shopping entirely too much!  Sooo, I'm saying it here so I have some element of accountability, I am going to give it a go and not buy one unnecessary thing for myself for the next 21 days (I think I just teared up a bit).  And by unnecessary I mean the bathing suit I've been clocking for a few days (this one too, damnit), or the heavy shopping cart on J.Crew I've had sitting there for a day (including THESE & THIS), these SANDALS, or THESE FANTASTIC RED SHADES!?!?!   I feel a smidge better having said it out loud, but still--this is going to be a major challenge for moi (it'sridiculous, I know---but clothes have always been my vice--obviously, I have a fashion blog for pete's sake).  So I am already 4 days in (started on the 1st)--fingers crossed and wish me luck!  You can shop the look above down yonder (someone outta have some fun, right)--Make it a good one, gang!  PS:  I think the no shopping admission in this post has me breaking out into hives!
photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem


 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

8 comments:

  1. Love the print mixing and bright skirt-adorable. I'm with you on the um....slightly excessive shopping habit....I cannot do 21 days shop free! What if something cute comes out?? Or something goes on sale? :)

    http://asequinloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same shirt and never thought of pairing it with stripes...so cute! Will definitely be trying :)

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that striped blazer! It's a great summer substitute for the classic navy bazer!

    http://upstatetocityliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that blazer from J.Crew and its easily a favorite item in my closet! The material of it is awesome!

    Classy Chic & Chardonnay
    http://ceislin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought that blazer last week at our lical store. The price is too good to pass up. I also got the black version with the peachy stripe that I think will be good for fall. I hear you sister on the need for the shopping ban. I have been totally our of control and really need to rein it in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha agggghhh! I totally understand. I need to ease up on the shopping, too. It's difficult to do ;( I will most definitely consider this 21 days thing.. but we will see.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the print mixing! And especially love that blazer.

    Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't go shopping at all the month of May (with a few exceptions - $8 silver pumps at Target is hardly shopping) and I was definitely foreced to "shop my closet" which was very rewarding.

    Lindsey
    followtheruels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL