Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Staples






dress (Asos cute stripes HERE & HERE), shoes (French Connection), bag (Vintage, Street Scene), hat (HM, see SIMILAR), cuff (Gold Version HERE HERE/, shades (Ray Ban), ring (Anna Beck)
A movie solo, trolley & rickshaw rides around Lex, County Club Restaurant with one of the best couples I know, this fantastic gal, grilled pimento cheese sammy, chicken fights in the pool, kids tree climbing, this DVF dress, a dinner alfresco with my ladies followed by evening strolls for ice cream...This was my wonderful weekend and some of the many reasons I just adore summer!  Kinda freaking because school starts for us on Aug 14 which seems entirely too soon so I'm going to soak up these last few weeks of break.  But let's get to the frock, shall we now?  
No shocker here that essentially half of my wardrobe consists of stripes.  Sorry, gang, I don't see that affair ending anytime soon.  This Striped Midi is a perfect summer staple that can be dressed up with Heels or down with Sandals.  Two other summer faves, a Panama Hat & Red Shades top off the feel of this summer rig.  I'm thinking you could technically carry this Dress into the fall by tossing a sweater over it so it appears as more of a midi skirt.  Finding summer pieces (on sale preferably) that will last into the fall are what I'm scouting out these days.  Speaking of sale, Piperlime is having 20% off site wide with code EVERYONE.  I scored ThisThis, These, & These--consider me officially on shopping lock down!  Make it a good one, gang!


photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem



 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL