Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Bag Lady












bag (Gigi New York Inspired by Yours Truly), boots (Stuart Weitzman see STEAL), skirt (Loft), shirt (Jcrew ON SALE), vest (Jcrew), rings (BCBGAnna Beck), shades (Ray Ban)

To say that I'm beyond excited about today's look would be quite the understatement!  Not sure if y'all recall my visit to the Gigi New York Headquarters, but These Beauties were the end result of that fantastic trip.  The Kelly Saddle Bag immediately caught my eye when I visited the design room for several reasons---its classic yet modern shape and size, it's a cross body which is one of my fave shapes, and the name---Kelly is my maiden name and well Saddles...seemed like the obvious choice for me to add some fun touches and Re-Invent the Kelly!  I knew upon visiting I wanted to use haircalf*--it was a non-negotiable and adds that little extra punch.  And after seeing the plethora of options for me to choose from, I narrowed it down to a relatively neutral palette of GraysTansCreams, & Browns.  I cannot tell you how happy I am with the end result and how much I carry MY BAG--no really, y'all are gonna get sick and tired of seeing this bad boy I've shot it so much here lately!  But here's the fun part, each Kelly Saddle Bag is one of a kind--no two bags are alike!  I know this because I got the ole' hands dirty and cut a slew of patterns and made sure to keep each one unique.  Stay tuned for many different ways I'm styling The Kelly  and in the meantime, be sure to shop some of my faves from the collection below!  Cheers to a wonderful Thursday, gang--make it a great one!

** Haircalf is similar to regular leather except a special tanning process is used to preserve the coat.  Top quality hides such as these preserve the natural patterns.  All cowhide leathers are generated by the food industry and the hides are by-products.  No animals are ever raised for the use of their coats. 

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem

 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL